As the Browns prepare for what is hoped to be a strong start in the first year of the Holmgren administration, questions normally arise. Here are 30, in no particular order, that beg for answers. And those answers very well could determine exactly how well -- or poorly -- the Browns perform this season.
1. Is it conceivable that inside linebacker D'Qwell Jackson will not be in the starting lineup due to the strong linebackers roster?
2. How will Shaun Rogers adapt to playing outside on the defensive line after all those years inside?
3. Will Brian Robiskie become an integral part of the offense after a disappointing rookie season?
4. How long will it take for the club to realize Evan Moore is a big wide receiver, not a tight end, and move him to that position?
5. When will the Browns finally admit Joshua Cribbs is not a wide receiver?
6. Is rookie Shawn Lauvao the real deal at right guard and will he be in the starting lineup instead of Pork Chop Womack?
7. What are wideout Bobby Engram's chances of making the final roster and becoming a significant contributor at the age of 36?
8. Well we see a more aggressive defensive approach from Rob Ryan this season?
9. What are the odds on the Browns intercepting more than 10 passes this season?
10. Does rookie Joe Haden crack the starting line and why not?
11. At what point during the season do fans begin to call for Colt McCoy at quarterback?
12. How much rope does offensive coordinator Brian Daboll have with Holmgren and his good buddy Gil Haskell lurking?
13. How much longer can Cribbs continue to be an elite returner?
14. What does Eric Mangini have to do and how many games does he have to win to hold on to his job?
15. Who will be the surprise performer in training camp?
16. Is Montario Hardesty's knee injury a portent of things to come?
17. Which one of the rookie safeties wins the starting job opposite Abram Elam?
18. What are the odds both rookie safeties start?
19. How long is Mangini's leash?
20. Can Ahtyba Rubin hold up for 16 games at nose tackle?
21. Will the Browns become a two-headed monster (Hardesty and Jerome Harrison) at running back?
22. How large a role will Ben Watson play in the pass offense?
23. Will the real Chansi Stuckey please stand up and catch some passes?
24. What happened to Holmgren's West Coast offense?
25. And why is he letting Daboll run the show?
26. What kind of a pass rush can the fans expect?
27. What have the Browns done to shore up their pitiful run defense?
28. Who is the No. 1 wide receiver?
29. What is the team's strongest and weakest areas?
30. What would be considered progress this season -- a better record than last season or a more competitive team despite the record?